Friday, July 13, 2007

Francisco's Casa Nova





July 13, 2007


Hi there todos! I just wanted to tell you about my friend and piano student Francisco. He is in the Maputo 1 ramo and is the janitor at the church. He loves music and I am teaching him to play the piano. His house was falling down and the Abdos saw that he really needed something more adequate for his wife and three little girls to live in so they undertook a project to build him a new house. Now they will be protected from the rain (not that we have had very much lately!). They still have no running water nor any electricity, but it is a much nicer place than before and they are very happy! Elder Abdo took the before and after pictures and sent them to me. The Abdos are leaving to go home to Brazil and we will miss them so much. They have really kept the mission running and in topnotch shape for the past two years. I will post a picture of them mais tarde. Tchau.

No comments: